Simple Turner & Hollower Carbide Wood Lathe Tool
The simplest to use turning & hollowing tool on the market today!
The introduction of carbide tipped wood turning lathe tools has greatly simplified wood turning.
The Simple Turner & Hollower is the tool of choice to be used after a block has been roughed into a cylinder. Both beginners and experts alike appreciate the simplicity with which your project can be quickly turned and hollowed to the desired shape with this tool.
With Simple Woodturning Tools® it’s all turning and no sharpening so you can start turning immediately. Gone forever is the long learning curve where precise angles and special tool presentation techniques must be mastered. Also gone is the need to become an expert tool sharpener. When the carbide cutter on this tool finally loses its edge simply loosen the screw and rotate the cutter. This will expose a new cutting surface and you're off to turning once again.
To use the Simple Turner & Hollower just follow these 3 simple steps.
- Position the tool rest as close to the work as possible so the carbide cutter is at the lathe center line.
- Place the tool on the tool rest with the tool shaft parallel with the floor.
- While securely holding the tool slowly move the carbide cutter into the work.
As you turn and hollow your vessel with this tool you'll quickly discover how simple it is to use. It won't be long until it's your favorite tool for doing 90 percent of the shaping work required on the inside and outside of most vessels.
Simple Turner & Hollower technical details:
- Carbide cutter - 9/16” diameter - Flat top cutter
- Overall tool length – 12"
- Tool Shaft – solid stainless steel 1/2" square
- Handle tang - ½" diameter x 2½" length
- Torx wrenches are included to adjust cutters
NOTE UPDATED SHIPPING INFORMATION FROM UPS AND USPS DURING THIS SEASON:
USPS: We are not currently sending anything via US Mail. We have had way too many complaints about late shipments and lost orders. We will no longer be sending packages this way as it's unreliable right now.
UPS: All orders are currently shipping UPS. Please see below map for time in transit questions.
When will my order ship?
- We ship as soon as possible - most of the time within 24 hours of order placement. (Orders placed on Friday after 10am CST, Saturday or Sunday will ship Monday)
- You will receive an e-mail from us when your order ships.
- All orders ship from Ramsey, Minnesota.
- We ship worldwide.
- International orders: Shipping cost will be calculated during checkout and will NOT include your local duty and/or customs fees.