This vacuum chuck is CNC machined from solid aluminum and is great for finishing the bottom of your turned wood bowls and other vessels.
How to use this wood lathe chuck:
- Thread the vacuum chuck onto the lathe spindle
- Cover the open end of the chuck with the self adhesive rubber gasket included with the chuck.
- Using a 3/8" ID plastic tube, connect a good vacuum supply to the 3/8" OD tube that passes through the headstock from the chuck.
- Position your turning on the chuck and turn on the vacuum.
- Smile because you now have a great way to finish your turnings!
Note: A vacuum swivel is not needed with this chuck because the tube inside the chuck is mounted in a bearing so it remains stationary as the chuck rotates.
- Threads: select from 1", 1-1/4" or 1-1/2" available in the drop down box above.
- Outside diameter: 3.5"
- Overall length: 4"
- Steel tube length: Select the length you need from the two options 18.5" or 20.75" beyond the end of the chuck.
- Chuck material: 6061 aircraft aluminum
Watch a video demonstration of the Simple Vacuum Chuck for woodturning below.
Source for the vacuum pump: We use this Robinair pump: Link to Amazon pump
Any questions just email, we're glad to help.
NOTE UPDATED SHIPPING INFORMATION FROM UPS AND USPS DURING THIS SEASON:
USPS: We are not currently sending anything via US Mail. We have had way too many complaints about late shipments and lost orders. We will no longer be sending packages this way as it's unreliable right now.
UPS: All orders are currently shipping UPS. Please see below map for time in transit questions.
When will my order ship?
- We ship as soon as possible - most of the time within 24 hours of order placement. (Orders placed on Friday after 10am CST, Saturday or Sunday will ship Monday)
- You will receive an e-mail from us when your order ships.
- All orders ship from Ramsey, Minnesota.
- We ship worldwide.
- International orders: Shipping cost will be calculated during checkout and will NOT include your local duty and/or customs fees.