Available with or without tools.
What does it do?
The hollowing system stabilizes and guides woodturning tools while hollowing and finishing. It works with silky smooth motion, stability and precise tool control giving you the confidence and ease of turning you never thought possible. You’re free to concentrate on creativity with no worries of catches or vibrations while hollowing.
What tools work with the hollowing system?
All Simple Woodturning Tools and any turning tool with a 1/2" round handle tang.
Tools with a 3/8" round handle tang can be used the addition of the SHS 1/2” to 3/8” bushing.
Tools with a 5/8" round handle tang can be used by replacing the standard 1/2” tool holder with the optional 5/8" tool holder.
Simple Swan Neck Hollower (SSNH) - This tool is designed specifically for finishing hollow forms.
Simple Shear Cutting Finisher® (SSCF) - This tool leaves the best surface finish. Available in either 12" length or 16" length.
Simple Turner & Hollower (STH)- This tool is the simplest to use.
- All tools have a 1/2" tang and can be used in this hollowing system and the Simple Interchangeable Tool Handle.
- Mounts on any lathe with split bed ways as shown in the photos.
- Every tool comes with a carbide cutter installed. No sharpening needed!
How and where is it made?
The entire Simple Hollowing System is made by Harrison Specialties in the Land of 10,000 lakes, Minnesota. All components are precision machined on an American made Haas CNC milling machine.
- Made in America in Ramsey, Minnesota.
- This fully articulating hollowing system will fit virtually any lathe with split ways, even mini lathes.
- Note: If you own a Nova DVR be sure to let us know and we will ship a mounting base clamp specifically for that lathe.
- This system can be used to turn both the inside and outside of a project. That makes it ideal for turners who must turn while seated or who may have other physical limitations making it difficult to hold tools.
- All Full Size Simple Woodturning Tools® can be used in the system or any other tool with a half inch tang.
- This system will also accept 3/8" (mid size) tools with the addition of the SHS Bushing found here: SHS BUSHING
Watch it is in action on YouTube:
NOTE UPDATED SHIPPING INFORMATION FROM UPS AND USPS DURING THIS SEASON:
USPS: We are not currently sending anything via US Mail. We have had way too many complaints about late shipments and lost orders. We will no longer be sending packages this way as it's unreliable right now.
UPS: All orders are currently shipping UPS. Please see below map for time in transit questions.
When will my order ship?
- We ship as soon as possible - most of the time within 24 hours of order placement. (Orders placed on Friday after 10am CST, Saturday or Sunday will ship Monday)
- You will receive an e-mail from us when your order ships.
- All orders ship from Ramsey, Minnesota.
- We ship worldwide.
- International orders: Shipping cost will be calculated during checkout and will NOT include your local duty and/or customs fees.