Simple Woodturning Tools® Simple Shear Cutting Finisher, Simple-Start Size
The Simple Shear Cutting Finisher has proven to be the very best all-around tool. It’s great on resin, acrylic, hybrid or straight wood pieces.
SSSCF (Simple Shear Cutting Finisher):
This tool allows you to make shearing cuts which work wonders on both acrylic, resin and wood. The round tool shaft and round, saucer shaped carbide cutter allows you to adjust your aggressiveness. You can rotate the shaft about its axis; the more you rotate it the lighter the cut. While you would never present this tool flat to the work, only a slight angle will give you an aggressive cut and really send the ribbons flying. Rotate the cutter a little more and you can shoot the chips away from you and keep an eye on your work piece instead of the buildup of ribbons. While this tool can take a little more practice to use, it always becomes a favorite.
- Designed to be presented to the work at an angle, to give you a shearing cut.
- The aggressiveness of this cutter can be adjusted by how much you roll the tool.
- Rotate or roll the tool on the tool rest in the direction you are going to move.
- ⅜” Round Tool Shaft with 5/16” round saucer shaped cutter (search for SSSCF for replacements)
Because of the small tool shaft the woodturning tool should not extend past the tool rest more than 3 inches.
- CNC machined from 3/8” round stainless steel.
- Overall tool length is 6.5", 4" of tool extends beyond the handle.
- Overall length of tool with handle is 12".
The most beautiful lathe tool handle on the market, 100% USA made by American craftsman. CNC machined from solid aircraft aluminum for balance, durability, and to last for years. Overall length is 8"; outside diameter is 1 3/16"; tool opening is 1/2" diameter. If needed, tools can be easily changed by loosening the two stainless steel set screws.
- Overall length: 8".
- Outside diameter: 1-3/16".
- Opening for tool: 1/2".
- Tools can be easily changed by loosening the two stainless Allen set screws using an 1/8" Allen key (not included)
SPECIAL NOTE: This tool is not available with a colored handle.
Each Simple Woodturning Tool is engraved so you know exactly what tool you have. That makes finding replacement cutters very simple! Look for authentic Simple Start replacement cutters. SSSCF = Simple Start Shear Cutting Finisher.
Proudly American Made
Simple Woodturning Tools® are made in America by Harrison Specialties, a family owned & operated CNC machining and manufacturing company in Minnesota.
Benefits of Carbide Lathe Tools:
Simple to use for all skill levels making woodturning fast and more enjoyable. You can focus on your project and not on techniques or sharpening. No long learning curve or expensive sharpening equipment. You can begin turning as soon as your box arrives because each tool comes with a very sharp, rotatable carbide cutter. Just rotate the cutter head ¼ turn for a clean, sharp edge and you are back to turning wood.
SPECIAL NOTE: On October 1st, 2021 the USPS changed their time in transit. They have added several days delivery time to all shipments; this applies to First Class Mail and Priority Mail. Please expect longer delivery times for any shipments going via USPS.
When will my order ship?
- We ship as soon as possible - most of the time within 24 hours of order placement. (Orders placed on Friday after 10am CST, Saturday or Sunday will ship Monday)
- You will receive an e-mail from us when your order ships.
- All orders ship from Ramsey, Minnesota.
- We ship worldwide.
- International orders: Shipping cost will be calculated during checkout and will NOT include your local duty and/or customs fees.
I'm a local customer, can I pick up my order?
- Yes you can. We just need time to pack your order. You can select local pickup during checkout. We will then notify you by email or text message when your order is ready for pickup. Usually pickup orders are ready for pickup the next day. Orders placed before 10am CST may be ready the same day.
- Our pickup hours are Mon-Thurs 8:30 am - 4:00 pm. Friday 8:30 am - Noon.
- Pickup Address: 7101 143rd Ave NW Suite O Ramsey. We are in the Energy Business Park located just off Highway 10. Please look for 'Harrison Specialties' on the sign outside the front door.