Simple 90° Detailer Carbide Tipped Woodturning Lathe Tool.
The modern alternative to conventional spindle scrapers and detailing tools.
The introduction of carbide tipped wood turning tools has greatly simplified woodturning.
Spindle and detail turning now begins as soon as your tool arrives. Gone forever is the long process of mastering spindle and bowl gouge detailing techniques and tool presentation. Another thing that won't be missed is the need to master many sharpening techniques before you can even begin to turn, not to mention the expense of all that sharpening equipment.
Now with Simple Woodturning Tools® it’s all turning and no sharpening so you can start turning immediately.
To use the Simple 90° Detailer just follow these 3 simple steps:
- Position the tool rest as close to the work as possible so the carbide cutter is at the lathe center line.
- Place the tool on the tool rest with the tool shaft parallel with the floor.
- While securely holding the tool keep the flat bottom in constant contact with the tool rest and slowly plunge the carbide cutter into the work.
As soon as the razor sharp tip hits the wood you will be amazed how fast this tool cuts and how quickly you'll form details on your spindles and bowls.
In addition to detail work the sharp point of the Simple 90° Detailer makes it an amazing tool for hollowing out bowls turned from really hard wood, or any other wood for that matter. Simply pierce the point into a vessel you're hollowing, then move the tool back and forth and you'll see the inside of the vessel rapidly turned to chips. One note here: It's best to not pierce the tool more then ½" into the vessel before moving sideways.
This tool is also great for cutting perfectly square tenons and inside corners.
Simple 90° Detailer technical details:
- Carbide cutter - 9/16" square with very sharp corners
- Overall tool length – 12"
- Tool Shaft – solid stainless steel ½" square
- Handle tang - ½" diameter x 2½" length
- Torx wrenches are included to adjust cutters
NOTE UPDATED SHIPPING INFORMATION FROM UPS AND USPS DURING THIS SEASON:
USPS: We are not currently sending anything via US Mail. We have had way too many complaints about late shipments and lost orders. We will no longer be sending packages this way as it's unreliable right now.
UPS: All orders are currently shipping UPS. Please see below map for time in transit questions.
When will my order ship?
- We ship as soon as possible - most of the time within 24 hours of order placement. (Orders placed on Friday after 10am CST, Saturday or Sunday will ship Monday)
- You will receive an e-mail from us when your order ships.
- All orders ship from Ramsey, Minnesota.
- We ship worldwide.
- International orders: Shipping cost will be calculated during checkout and will NOT include your local duty and/or customs fees.