Mid Size Simple Rougher Carbide Wood Lathe Turning Tool
These woodturning tools are ideally suited for small and mid size projects (6" in diameter or less) where the full size tools are just too clumsy. Some examples include pens, Christmas ornaments, bottle stoppers, handles and bowls, just to name a few.
To use the Mid Size Simple Rougher just follow these 3 simple steps.
- Position the tool rest as close to the work as possible so the carbide cutter is at the lathe center line.
- Place the tool on the tool rest with the tool shaft parallel with the floor.
- While securely holding the tool slowly move the carbide cutter into the work.
Because of the small tool shaft the tool should not extend past the tool rest more than 3 inches.
Mid Size Simple Rougher technical details:
- Carbide cutter - 10.5mm square or 11mm square with 2" radius.
- 2 Cutter options available - See details below
- Overall tool length – 9"
- Tool Shaft – Solid stainless steel 3/8" square
- Handle tang - 3/8" diameter x 2" length
- T10 Torx star tip wrench included
Mid Size Simple Rougher Cutter options:
This tool ships with the carbide cutter of your choice.
2 inch radius carbide square cutter Corners rounded with an approximate 0.02” radius. Size: 11mm x 11mm. Best choice for roughing and cutting straight surfaces. (most popular option)
90 degree carbide square cutter Corners are very sharp with no radius. Size: 10.5mm x 10.5mm. Best choice for turning perfect 90 degree shapes such as inside corners and tenons.
Mid Size Tool Details: Premium quality, American-made, CNC machined from 3/8” square stainless steel, making them stronger, stiffer and less likely to roll than round shaft tools. These mid size carbide tools feature an overall length of 9", with a handle tang of 3/8" diameter x 2" length
Tool Engraving: Each Simple Woodturning Tool® is engraved so you know exactly what tool you have. That makes finding replacement cutters very simple! Look for authentic mid size Simple Woodturning Tool replacement cutters. MSR = Mid-Size Simple Rougher.
Proudly American Made: Simple Woodturning Tools® are made in America by Harrison Specialties, a family owned & operated CNC machining and manufacturing company in Minnesota.
Optional Handle Features include:
- Overall length: 12"
- Outside diameter: 1-1/8"
- Opening for tool: 3/8"
- Tools are easily changed by loosening the two stainless Allen set screws.
- Allen wrench is included.
These solid aluminum CNC machined woodturning handles are given a highly durable beautiful clear coat to make them virtually indestructible. Their ergonomic design makes them comfortable to hold while the well-balanced handle makes precision woodturning simple. These woodturning handles are 100% USA made in Ramsey, Minnesota. Switch between tools quickly by loosening the two stainless Allen set screws.
SPECIAL NOTE: On October 1st, 2021 the USPS changed their time in transit. They have added several days delivery time to all shipments; this applies to First Class Mail and Priority Mail. Please expect longer delivery times for any shipments going via USPS.
When will my order ship?
- We ship as soon as possible - most of the time within 24 hours of order placement. (Orders placed on Friday after 10am CST, Saturday or Sunday will ship Monday)
- You will receive an e-mail from us when your order ships.
- All orders ship from Ramsey, Minnesota.
- We ship worldwide.
- International orders: Shipping cost will be calculated during checkout and will NOT include your local duty and/or customs fees. If you choose UPS, they will not deliver until these duty/taxes are paid.
I'm a local customer, can I pick up my order?
- Yes you can. We just need time to pack your order. Please use the FreeShip coupon code and enter notes in your order that you want to pick up the order. Usually pickup orders are ready the next day. Orders placed before 10am CST may be ready the same day. We will contact you when ready.
- Our pickup hours are Mon-Thurs 8:30 am - 4:00 pm. Friday 8:30 am - Noon.
- Pickup Address: 7101 143rd Ave NW Suite O Ramsey. We are in the Energy Business Park located just off Highway 10. Please look for 'Harrison Specialties' on the sign outside the front door.
All items ship out of Minnesota.