Simple Woodturning Tools® Simple Start Rougher Carbide Woodturning Tool
The Simple Start Rougher (SSR) carbide tool makes roughing much simpler & less physical as most of the shock created by interrupted cuts is absorbed in the tool rest instead of your hands and arms.
To use the Simple Start Rougher just follow these 3 simple steps.
- Position the tool rest as close to the work as possible so the carbide cutter is at the lathe center line.
- Place the tool on the tool rest with the tool shaft parallel with the floor.
- While securely holding the tool slowly move the carbide cutter into the work.
Because of the small tool shaft the woodturning tool should not extend past the tool rest more than 3 inches.
*Note: This tool can be used in the Simple Hollowing System. Just loosen the two stainless set screws in each handle and remove the tool from the handle.
- CNC machined from 3/8” square stainless steel, making them stronger, stiffer and less likely to roll than round tools.
- Overall tool length is 6.5", 4" of tool extends beyond the handle.
- Overall length of tool with handle is 12".
- This tool comes with a square cutter with slight 2" radius to each side.
The most beautiful lathe tool handle on the market, 100% USA made by American craftsman. CNC machined from solid aircraft aluminum for balance, durability, and to last for years. Overall length is 8"; outside diameter is 1 3/16"; tool opening is 1/2" diameter. If needed, tools can be easily changed by loosening the two stainless steel set screws.
- Overall length: 8".
- Outside diameter: 1-3/16".
- Opening for tool: 1/2".
- Tools can be easily changed by loosening the two stainless Allen set screws using an 1/8" Allen key (not included)
Each Simple Woodturning Tool is engraved so you know exactly what tool you have. That makes finding replacement cutters very simple! Look for authentic Simple Start replacement cutters. SSR = Simple Start Rougher
Proudly American Made
Simple Woodturning Tools® are made in America by Harrison Specialties, a family owned & operated CNC machining and manufacturing company in Minnesota.
Benefits of Carbide Lathe Tools:
Simple to use for all skill levels making woodturning fast and more enjoyable. You can focus on your project and not on techniques or sharpening. No long learning curve or expensive sharpening equipment. You can begin turning as soon as your box arrives because each tool comes with a very sharp, rotatable carbide cutter. Just rotate the cutter head ¼ turn for a clean, sharp edge and you are back to turning wood.
SPECIAL NOTE: On October 1st, 2021 the USPS changed their time in transit. They have added several days delivery time to all shipments; this applies to First Class Mail and Priority Mail. Please expect longer delivery times for any shipments going via USPS.
When will my order ship?
- We ship as soon as possible - most of the time within 24 hours of order placement. (Orders placed on Friday after 10am CST, Saturday or Sunday will ship Monday)
- You will receive an e-mail from us when your order ships.
- All orders ship from Ramsey, Minnesota.
- We ship worldwide.
- International orders: Shipping cost will be calculated during checkout and will NOT include your local duty and/or customs fees. If you choose UPS, they will not deliver until these duty/taxes are paid.
I'm a local customer, can I pick up my order?
- Yes you can. We just need time to pack your order. Please use the FreeShip coupon code and enter notes in your order that you want to pick up the order. Usually pickup orders are ready the next day. Orders placed before 10am CST may be ready the same day. We will contact you when ready.
- Our pickup hours are Mon-Thurs 8:30 am - 4:00 pm. Friday 8:30 am - Noon.
- Pickup Address: 7101 143rd Ave NW Suite O Ramsey. We are in the Energy Business Park located just off Highway 10. Please look for 'Harrison Specialties' on the sign outside the front door.
All items ship out of Minnesota.