Simple Woodturning Tools® Simple Start Simple 55° Carbide Woodturning Tool
The Simple Start 55 (SS55) carbide turning tool is for fine detail work, cutting a dovetail tennon or a parting tool.
To use the Simple Start 55° Detailer just follow these 3 simple steps.
- Position the tool rest as close to the work as possible so the carbide cutter is at the lathe center line.
- Place the tool on the tool rest with the tool shaft parallel with the floor.
- While securely holding the tool slowly move the carbide cutter into the work.
Because of the small tool shaft the woodturning tool should not extend past the tool rest more than 3 inches.
*Note: This tool can be used in the Simple Hollowing System. Just loosen the two stainless set screws in each handle and remove the tool from the handle.
- CNC machined from 3/8” square stainless steel, making them stronger, stiffer and less likely to roll than round tools.
- Overall tool length is 6.5", 4" of tool extends beyond the handle.
- Overall length of tool with handle is 12".
The most beautiful lathe tool handle on the market, 100% USA made by American craftsman. CNC machined from solid aircraft aluminum for balance, durability, and to last for years. Overall length is 8"; outside diameter is 1 3/16"; tool opening is 1/2" diameter. If needed, tools can be easily changed by loosening the two stainless steel set screws.
- Overall length: 8".
- Outside diameter: 1-3/16".
- Opening for tool: 1/2".
- Tools can be easily changed by loosening the two stainless Allen set screws using an 1/8" Allen key (not included)
Each Simple Woodturning Tool is engraved so you know exactly what tool you have. That makes finding replacement cutters very simple! Look for authentic Simple Start replacement cutters. SS55 - Simple Start 55
Proudly American Made
Simple Woodturning Tools® are made in America by Harrison Specialties, a family owned & operated CNC machining and manufacturing company in Minnesota.
Benefits of Carbide Lathe Tools:
Simple to use for all skill levels making woodturning fast and more enjoyable. You can focus on your project and not on techniques or sharpening. No long learning curve or expensive sharpening equipment. You can begin turning as soon as your box arrives because each tool comes with a very sharp, rotatable carbide cutter. Just rotate the cutter head ¼ turn for a clean, sharp edge and you are back to turning wood.