You get these 8 tools in this set:
- Simple Scraper - The widest and most unique carbide scraper on the market. (our newest tool!) The oval negative rake carbide cutter is included.
- Simple Rougher (SR) - Normally the first tool to create the basic shape. A 90° square carbide cutter is included.
- Simple Turner and Hollower (STH) - This tool makes gentle curves inside and out and refines the shape.
- Simple 55° Detailer (S55D) - Get creative with this tool and make fine details. Also, perfect for making a dovetail tenon for holding turnings in a 4 jaw chuck.
- Simple Shear Cutting Finisher (SSCF) - A finishing tool that is awesome on both wood and resin/epoxy projects.
- Simple 90° Detailer (S90D) - Often a tool that is used to rapidly remove material.
- Simple Swan Neck Hollower (SSNH) - Curved to reach areas inaccessible by straight tools.
- Simple Parting Tool (SPT) - Simplify parting with this tool.
17" Solid aluminum polished handle comes with a soft comfortable foam rubber grip. Handle is interchangeable or order additional handles for convenience.
The Simple Scraper widest carbide scraper tool comes with an oval shaped negative rake carbide cutter. The oval cutter is great for shaping and finishing, combining the usefulness of a square AND round cutter into a single tool.
The Simple Rougher carbide tool makes roughing much simpler & less physical as most of the shock created by interrupted cuts is absorbed in the tool rest instead of your hands & arms. CNC machined from ½” square stainless steel, 12" overall length with 9.5" of tool reach.
The Simple Turner & Hollower is the simplest to use carbide tool on the market. You’ll appreciate the simplicity with which your project can be quickly turned & hollowed to the desired shape using this tool. CNC machined from ½” square stainless steel, 12" overall length with 9.5" of tool reach.
The Simple 55 Detailer carbide tool that provides a much higher level of woodturning creativity. CNC machined from ½” square stainless steel, 12" overall length with 9.5" of tool reach.
The Simple 90° Detailer is for detail work such as beads and cutting perfectly square inside corners. Also a great tool for rapid material removal especially inside a bowl.
The Simple Shear Cutting Finisher tool is a finishing tool that leaves and excellent surface finish so sanding is reduced to a minimum. Requires a bit of practice to master, but is often the favorite tool of them all. This tool is machined from a 5/8" round bar.
The Simple Swan Neck Hollower is specifically designed to reach areas inside hollow form vessels that are inaccessible using straight shaft tools.
The Simple Parting Tool features a narrow razor sharp carbide tip that slices through even the hardest wood with amazing ease. Now you can cut small grooves for decorative features and then simply part off the finished vessel easier that you ever thought possible.
How Do I Use the Simple Scraper?
Held flat on the tool rest it's a scraper.
Riding the bevel with it pointed up creates a cut similar to a bowl gouge leaving an improved finish.
While riding the bevel roll it on an edge and it makes a shearing cut reducing tear out leaving a silky smooth finish.
Simple Scraper Details:
- Carbide cutter size: 1.18" x .50" x .10" thick
- Tool measures 1" wide x 3/8" thick x 8" long. Handle tang is 3/8" square (fits in 1/2" hole) x 2.5" long, so tool length once it's in the handle is 5.5".
Simple Scraper Benefits:
- The widest and most unique carbide scraper on the market.
- Beneficial on every project from small pens to large bowls and everything in between because you can shape and finish with a single tool.
- Quickly remove tool marks and create silky smooth profile transitions between inside and outside curves, as well as straight wave free lines.
- Makes a perfectly flat bottom with a smooth transition to the inner wall using the oval cutter, or a square inside box corner using the rectangular cutter.
- Creates a smooth finish with much less tearout and minimal sanding.
- A pen turners dream tool. It's the only tool needed to turn virtually any pen.
The oval cutter is great for shaping and finishing, combining the usefulness of a square AND round cutter into a single tool.
Oval cutter (for wood)- The oval cutters are perfect for virtually any curved shape imaginable especially on the outside of your project.
- Oval negative rake cutter (for epoxy/resin, hybrid and wood) (INCLUDED)- Like the oval cutter but the negative rake grind also makes this cutter less aggressive. This reduces chipping in very hard materials (epoxy/resin), can reduce tear out in softer materials and provides a great finish in both man-made materials and harder woods. Because the negative rake grind is less aggressive, many people find it easier to use.
The rectangular cutters make it simple to create square inside corners, beads and straight lines. Perfect for the inside and outside base of any project.
Rectangle cutter (for wood)- This cutter shines on the outside of bowls, hollow forms, vases, platers, and wooden pen blanks. You'll also love it for simple spindle work too. Another place you’ll love this cutter is on the inside of a box.
Rectangle negative rake cutter (for epoxy/resin, hybrid and wood)- Like the rectangle insert but the negative rake grind makes this cutter less aggressive. This reduces chipping in very hard materials, can reduce tear out in softer materials and provides a great finish in both man-made materials and harder woods. Because the negative rake grind is less aggressive, many people find it easier to use.
Replacement carbide cutters can be found here
100% made in the USA by American craftsman. CNC machined from solid aluminum for balance, durability, and to last for years. Covered with a soft, comfortable foam rubber grip to reduce hand cramping during long turning sessions and for great tool control. Overall length is 17"; outside diameter is 1 3/8"; tool opening is ½" diameter. Tools can be easily changed by loosening the two stainless steel set screws.
Video Demo on 3 Square Tools:
When will my order ship?
- We ship as soon as possible - most of the time within 24 hours of order placement. (Orders placed on Friday after 10am CST, Saturday or Sunday will ship Monday)
- You will receive an e-mail from us when your order ships.
- All orders ship from Ramsey, Minnesota.
- We ship worldwide.
- International orders: Shipping cost will be calculated during checkout and will NOT include your local duty and/or customs fees. If you choose UPS, they will not deliver until these duty/taxes are paid.
I'm a local customer, can I pick up my order?
- Yes you can. We just need time to pack your order. Please use the FreeShip coupon code and enter notes in your order that you want to pick up the order. Usually pickup orders are ready the next day. Orders placed before 10am CST may be ready the same day. We will contact you when ready.
- Our pickup hours are Mon-Thurs 8:30 am - 4:00 pm. Friday 8:30 am - Noon.
- Pickup Address: 7101 143rd Ave NW Suite O Ramsey. We are in the Energy Business Park located just off Highway 10. Please look for 'Harrison Specialties' on the sign outside the front door.