This vacuum chuck is CNC machined from solid aluminum and is great for finishing the bottom of your turned wood bowls and other vessels.
How to use this wood lathe chuck:
- Thread the vacuum chuck onto the lathe spindle
- Cover the open end of the chuck with the self adhesive rubber gasket included with the chuck.
- Using a 3/8" ID plastic tube, connect a good vacuum supply to the 3/8" OD tube that passes through the headstock from the chuck.
- Position your turning on the chuck and turn on the vacuum.
- Smile because you now have a great way to finish your turnings!
Note: A vacuum swivel is not needed with this chuck because the tube inside the chuck is mounted in a bearing so it remains stationary as the chuck rotates.
- Threads: select from 1", 1-1/4" or 1-1/2" available in the drop down box above.
- Outside diameter: 3.5"
- Overall length: 4"
- Steel tube length: Select the length you need from the two options 18.5" or 20.75" beyond the end of the chuck.
- Chuck material: 6061 aircraft aluminum
Watch a video demonstration of the Simple Vacuum Chuck for woodturning below.
Source for the vacuum pump: We use this Robinair pump: Link to Amazon pump
Any questions just email, we're glad to help.
SPECIAL NOTE: On October 1st, 2021 the USPS changed their time in transit. They have added several days delivery time to all shipments; this applies to First Class Mail and Priority Mail. Please expect longer delivery times for any shipments going via USPS.
When will my order ship?
- We ship as soon as possible - most of the time within 24 hours of order placement. (Orders placed on Friday after 10am CST, Saturday or Sunday will ship Monday)
- You will receive an e-mail from us when your order ships.
- All orders ship from Ramsey, Minnesota.
- We ship worldwide.
- International orders: Shipping cost will be calculated during checkout and will NOT include your local duty and/or customs fees.
I'm a local customer, can I pick up my order?
- Yes you can. We just need time to pack your order. You can select local pickup during checkout. We will then notify you by email or text message when your order is ready for pickup. Usually pickup orders are ready for pickup the next day. Orders placed before 10am CST may be ready the same day.
- Our pickup hours are Mon-Thurs 8:30 am - 4:00 pm. Friday 8:30 am - Noon.
- Pickup Address: 7101 143rd Ave NW Suite O Ramsey. We are in the Energy Business Park located just off Highway 10. Please look for 'Harrison Specialties' on the sign outside the front door.