Now available - a parting tool for epoxy resin, acrylic, wood/resin hybrid or any other man-made material lathe projects. The negative rake grind on this carbide tipped parting tool is designed to slice through any of these materials.
Negative Rake Simple Parting Tool technical details:
- Blade width -1/8"
- Cutter width - 5/32" nominal with negative rake grind
- Max cutting depth - 3 1/2"
- Overall tool length – 12"
- Main tool shaft - Solid stainless steel 3/4" square
- Handle tang - ½" diameter x 2½" length
- Solid Stainless Steel
- Made in America
A few notes & best practices:
Keep the tip at the lathe center line.
Always keep the tip of the parting tool on the centerline of the lathe. If you have a smaller lathe and cannot lower the tool rest enough, you can tip the tool so that the cutter is presented to the work closer to the center line.
Make the groove wider than the tool tip.
Catches can be a result of plunging straight into a work piece without giving the chips a place to go. Wood chips that cannot evacuate the piece are re-cut and can lead to problems. To prevent this issue, create a wide groove at the beginning of your piece and narrow as you get to the center. This gives the wood chips a chance to get out, so they are not re-cut.
SPECIAL NOTE: On October 1st, 2021 the USPS changed their time in transit. They have added several days delivery time to all shipments; this applies to First Class Mail and Priority Mail. Please expect longer delivery times for any shipments going via USPS.
When will my order ship?
- We ship as soon as possible - most of the time within 24 hours of order placement. (Orders placed on Friday after 10am CST, Saturday or Sunday will ship Monday)
- You will receive an e-mail from us when your order ships.
- All orders ship from Ramsey, Minnesota.
- We ship worldwide.
- International orders: Shipping cost will be calculated during checkout and will NOT include your local duty and/or customs fees.
I'm a local customer, can I pick up my order?
- Yes you can. We just need time to pack your order. You can select local pickup during checkout. We will then notify you by email or text message when your order is ready for pickup. Usually pickup orders are ready for pickup the next day. Orders placed before 10am CST may be ready the same day.
- Our pickup hours are Mon-Thurs 8:30 am - 4:00 pm. Friday 8:30 am - Noon.
- Pickup Address: 7101 143rd Ave NW Suite O Ramsey. We are in the Energy Business Park located just off Highway 10. Please look for 'Harrison Specialties' on the sign outside the front door.