Stable tools for all your larger projects.
You get all these tools in this set:
1. SR = Simple Rougher
2. STH = Simple Turner and Hollower
3. S55D = Simple 55° Detailer
4. SSCF = Simple Shear Cutting Finisher - 5/8" Round Shaft
Carbide Cutter Details Here
These full-size carbide tipped wood turning tools are ½" square X 12" long when unhandled. When used in the handle, the tools are 9.5" long and the overall tool and handle length is 26.5". The tool and handle together weigh 2 lbs 5 oz.
The Simple Rougher carbide tool makes roughing much simpler & less physical as most of the shock created by interrupted cuts is absorbed in the tool rest instead of your hands & arms. The square cutter with 6" radius is the popular choice for this tool and the easiest to use. You can also swap the cutter for the negative rake angle cutter.
The Simple Turner and Hollower is the simplest to use carbide tool on the market. You'll appreciate the simplicity with which your project can quickly be turned and hollowed to the desired shape using this tool.
The Simple 55 Detailer carbide tool that provides a much higher level of woodturning creativity.
The Simple Shear Cutting Finisher (5/8" Round Shaft) is a finishing tool that leaves and excellent surface finish so sanding is reduced to a minimum. Requires a bit of practice to master, but is often the favorite tool of them all. This tool is excellent for both wood and resin or epoxy projects.
Square shaft tools are CNC machined from ½” square stainless steel, making them stronger, stiffer and less likely to roll than round shaft tools. The 5/8" round Simple Shear Cutting Finisher is CNC machined from solid stainless steel. That allows it to be rotated about it's axis so the cutter can be presented to the work at an angle, giving you that shear cutting action. These full size tools feature an overall length of 12", with a handle tang of ½" diameter x 2½" length.
Each square Simple Woodturning Tool is engraved so you know exactly what tool you have. That makes finding replacement cutters very simple! Look for authentic Simple Woodturning Tool replacement cutters.
- SR = Simple Rougher
- STH = Simple Turner and Hollower
- S55D = Simple 55° Detailer
- SSCF = Simple Shear Cutting Finisher (5/8" Round Shaft)
The most beautiful lathe tool handle on the market, 100% USA made by American craftsman. CNC machined from solid aircraft aluminum for balance, durability, and to last for years. Covered with a soft, comfortable foam rubber grip to reduce hand cramping during long turning sessions and for great tool control. Overall length is 17"; outside diameter is 1 3/8"; tool opening is ½" diameter. Tools can be easily changed by loosening the two stainless steel set screws.
Benefits of Carbide Lathe Tools:
Simple to use for all skill levels making woodturning fast and more enjoyable. You can focus on your project and not on techniques or sharpening. No long learning curve or expensive sharpening equipment. You can begin turning as soon as your box arrives because each tool comes with a very sharp, rotatable carbide cutter. Just rotate the cutter head ¼ turn for a clean, sharp edge and you are back to turning wood.
Watch video demonstrations here.
Replacement carbide cutters are available HERE.
Every woodturning tool in this package will work in our Simple Hollowing System.
When will my order ship?
- We ship as soon as possible - most of the time within 24 hours of order placement. (Orders placed on Friday after 10am CST, Saturday or Sunday will ship Monday)
- You will receive an e-mail from us when your order ships.
- All orders ship from Ramsey, Minnesota.
- We ship worldwide.
- International orders: Shipping cost will be calculated during checkout and will NOT include your local duty and/or customs fees. If you choose UPS, they will not deliver until these duty/taxes are paid.
I'm a local customer, can I pick up my order?
- Yes you can. We just need time to pack your order. Please use the FreeShip coupon code and enter notes in your order that you want to pick up the order. Usually pickup orders are ready the next day. Orders placed before 10am CST may be ready the same day. We will contact you when ready.
- Our pickup hours are Mon-Thurs 8:30 am - 4:00 pm. Friday 8:30 am - Noon.
- Pickup Address: 7101 143rd Ave NW Suite O Ramsey. We are in the Energy Business Park located just off Highway 10. Please look for 'Harrison Specialties' on the sign outside the front door.