Long, sturdy and stable for all your turning projects.
These full-size carbide tipped wood turning tools are ½" square X 12" long when unhandled. When used in the handle, the tools are 9.5" long and the overall tool and handle length is 26.5". The tool and handle together weigh 2 lbs 5 oz.
You get these 3 tools in this set:
1. Simple Rougher (SR) - Normally the first tool to create the basic shape.
2. Simple Turner and Hollower (STH) - This tool makes gentle curves inside and out and refines the shape.
3. Simple 55° Detailer (S55D) - Get creative with this tool and make fine details. Also, perfect for making a dovetail tenon for holding turnings in a 4 jaw chuck.
17" Solid aluminum polished handle comes with a soft comfortable foam rubber grip. (1-3 handle option) Handle is interchangeable or order 3 handles for convenience.
Carbide Cutter Details Here
The Simple Rougher carbide tool makes roughing much simpler & less physical as most of the shock created by interrupted cuts is absorbed in the tool rest instead of your hands & arms.
The Simple Turner & Hollower is the simplest to use carbide tool on the market. You’ll appreciate the simplicity with which your project can be quickly turned & hollowed to the desired shape using this tool.
The Simple 55 Detailer carbide tool that provides a much higher level of woodturning creativity.
CNC machined from ½” square stainless steel, making them stronger, stiffer and less likely to roll than round shaft tools.
Each Simple Woodturning Tool,® is engraved so you know exactly what tool you have. That makes finding replacement cutters very simple! Look for authentic Simple Woodturning Tool replacement cutters.
The carbide tips on these tools are designed for turning wood. Click Here to see the tools designed for turning Acrylic/Resin/Epoxy. You can swap out the cutter on the SR tool in this set with a negative rake angle cutter.
100% made in the USA by American craftsman. CNC machined from solid aluminum for balance, durability, and to last for years. Covered with a soft, comfortable foam rubber grip to reduce hand cramping during long turning sessions and for great tool control. Overall length is 17"; outside diameter is 1 3/8"; tool opening is ½" diameter. Tools can be easily changed by loosening the two stainless steel set screws.
Benefits of Carbide Lathe Tools:
With all Simple Woodturning Tools,® it's all turning and no sharpening! Simple to use for all skill levels making woodturning fast and more enjoyable. You can focus on your project and not on techniques or sharpening. No long learning curve or expensive sharpening equipment. You can begin turning as soon as your box arrives because each tool comes with a very sharp, rotatable carbide cutter. Just rotate the cutter head for a clean, sharp edge and you are back to turning wood.
Replacement carbide cutters are available HERE.
Every woodturning tool in this package will work in our Simple Hollowing System.
Any questions just e-mail or chat, we're glad to help.
When will my order ship?
- We ship as soon as possible - most of the time within 24 hours of order placement. (Orders placed on Friday after 10am CST, Saturday or Sunday will ship Monday)
- You will receive an e-mail from us when your order ships.
- All orders ship from Ramsey, Minnesota.
- We ship worldwide.
- International orders: Shipping cost will be calculated during checkout and will NOT include your local duty and/or customs fees. If you choose UPS, they will not deliver until these duty/taxes are paid.
I'm a local customer, can I pick up my order?
- Yes you can. We just need time to pack your order. Please use the FreeShip coupon code and enter notes in your order that you want to pick up the order. Usually pickup orders are ready the next day. Orders placed before 10am CST may be ready the same day. We will contact you when ready.
- Our pickup hours are Mon-Thurs 8:30 am - 4:00 pm. Friday 8:30 am - Noon.
- Pickup Address: 7101 143rd Ave NW Suite O Ramsey. We are in the Energy Business Park located just off Highway 10. Please look for 'Harrison Specialties' on the sign outside the front door.