Mid-Size Simple 55° Detailer Carbide Wood Lathe Tool
This tool is perfect for cutting small details like those seen on the pictured bird house ornament. Also it's ideally for cutting a dovetail tennon for mounting turnings in a 4-jaw chuck. Other examples are spindle details and anything else were fine details are desired. This tool can also be used as a parting tool.
To use the Mid Size Simple 55° Detailer just follow these 3 simple steps.
- Position the tool rest as close to the work as possible so the carbide cutter is at the lathe center line.
- Place the tool on the tool rest with the tool shaft parallel with the floor.
- While securely holding the tool slowly move the carbide cutter into the work.
Because of the small tool shaft the tool should not extend past the tool rest more then 3 inches
Mid Size Simple 55° Detailer technical details:
- Carbide cutter - 55° diamond
- Overall tool length – 9"
- Tool Shaft – Solid Stainless Steel 3/8" square
- Handle tang - 3/8" diameter x 2" length
- T15 Torx star tip wrench included
Here's a video demonstrating these tools:
When will my order ship?
- We ship as soon as possible - most of the time within 24 hours of order placement. (Orders placed on Friday after 10am CST, Saturday or Sunday will ship Monday)
- You will receive an e-mail from us when your order ships.
- All orders ship from Ramsey, Minnesota.
- We ship worldwide.
- International orders: Shipping cost will be calculated during checkout and will NOT include your local duty and/or customs fees.
I'm a local customer, can I pick up my order?
- Yes you can. We just need time to pack your order. You can select local pickup during checkout. We will then notify you by email or text message when your order is ready for pickup. Usually pickup orders are ready for pickup the next day. Orders placed before 10am CST may be ready the same day.
- Our pickup hours are Mon-Thurs 8:30 am - 4:00 pm. Friday 8:30 am - Noon.
- Pickup Address: 7101 143rd Ave NW Suite O Ramsey. We are in the Energy Business Park located just off Highway 10. Please look for 'Harrison Specialties' on the sign outside the front door.