Complete Live Tail stock Drill Chuck Kit is the perfect solution for aligning and supporting a turning for bottom finishing on a woodturning lathe.
The video below demonstrates this kit being used with a vacuum chuck.
This kit includes the following:
- Live (rotating) 1/2" keyed drill chuck with MT2 mount. Fits most wood lathe tail stocks.
- 1 - Chuck Reversing Adapter with either 1-8 or 1 1/4-8 threads. Choose size with radio buttons.
- 1 - 1/4" diameter x 4" length center point
- 1 - 3/8" diameter x 4" length center point
- 1 - 1/2" diameter x 4" length center point
- 1 - 3/4" diameter x 1½" length center point
- 6 - Non marking vinyl caps used over the flat end of the center points. Sizes 1/4", 3/8" and 1/2"
- The flat end of the center points covered with these caps are used to eliminate the center point mark in the bottom of a turning.
- 1 - Chuck key
Allows precision centering and holding of your work at the tail stock end of your wood lathe.
Very useful to support small diameter work where a live center is not practical.
Ideal for holding the chuck reversing adapter, mandrels, dowels and tenons up to 1/2" dia.
The shank is 2 Morse taper. The drill chuck has 1/2" capacity.
NOTE UPDATED SHIPPING INFORMATION FROM UPS AND USPS DURING THIS SEASON:
USPS: We are not currently sending anything via US Mail. We have had way too many complaints about late shipments and lost orders. We will no longer be sending packages this way as it's unreliable right now.
UPS: All orders are currently shipping UPS. Please see below map for time in transit questions.
When will my order ship?
- We ship as soon as possible - most of the time within 24 hours of order placement. (Orders placed on Friday after 10am CST, Saturday or Sunday will ship Monday)
- You will receive an e-mail from us when your order ships.
- All orders ship from Ramsey, Minnesota.
- We ship worldwide.
- International orders: Shipping cost will be calculated during checkout and will NOT include your local duty and/or customs fees.