The modern alternative to conventional small spindle scrapers and fine detailing tools.
The introduction of carbide tipped wood turning tools has greatly simplified woodturning.
Spindle and detail turning now begins as soon as your tool arrives. Plus with carbide tools your time spent turning is never interpreted by the need to sharpen dull tools. Now with Simple Woodturning Tools® it’s all turning and no sharpening so you can start turning immediately and keep turning until the project is completed.
The Simple 55° Detailer is a wonderful tool that provides a much higher level of woodturning creativity. The special shape of the diamond cutter allows access to tight places where the cutter on other tools simply can't be used.
The design of this tool lends itself perfectly to small intricate detail work such as turning beads, cover finials, boxes and other final details on spindle and bowl turnings.
Also it is also very useful for making outside chuck tenons and reverse angle inside cuts so bowls can be chucked with dovetail jaws. If you use a 4 jaw chuck to hold your turnings this tool is a must and will be used on every turning.
To use the Simple 55° Detailer just follow these 3 simple steps:
- Position the tool rest as close to the work as possible so the carbide cutter is at the lathe center line.
- Place the tool on the tool rest with the tool shaft parallel with the floor.
- While securely holding the tool keep the flat bottom in constant contact with the tool rest and slowly plunge the carbide cutter into the work.
As you use this tool you will soon see the wonderful small details that can added to your turnings. It will quickly become one of your favorite tools and used regularly.
Simple 55° Detailer technical details:
- Carbide cutter - 55° diamond
- Overall tool length – 12"
- Tool Shaft – solid stainless steel ½" square
- Handle tang - ½" diameter x 2½" length
- Torx wrenches are included to adjust cutters
Watch a video demonstration of these tools here:
NOTE UPDATED SHIPPING INFORMATION FROM UPS AND USPS DURING THIS SEASON:
USPS: We are not currently sending anything via US Mail. We have had way too many complaints about late shipments and lost orders. We will no longer be sending packages this way as it's unreliable right now.
UPS: All orders are currently shipping UPS. Please see below map for time in transit questions.
When will my order ship?
- We ship as soon as possible - most of the time within 24 hours of order placement. (Orders placed on Friday after 10am CST, Saturday or Sunday will ship Monday)
- You will receive an e-mail from us when your order ships.
- All orders ship from Ramsey, Minnesota.
- We ship worldwide.
- International orders: Shipping cost will be calculated during checkout and will NOT include your local duty and/or customs fees.