Here's a very handy tool for checking run out on your lathe.
Simply position the dial gauge mounting shaft in your tool rest holder so the tip of the indicator contacts whatever you're checking. As you rotate the lathe spindle by hand run out will be displayed on the dial gauge.
The photos show the dial indicator being used to check the runout of a pen turning mandrel. If you want to make perfectly concentric pen barrels that will match the pen hardware perfectly you must have no run out. This is a great tool for checking to see if things are running true.
The angle of the dial gauge on the mounting shaft can be adjusted. Simply loosen the mounting screw, adjusting the dial gauge to the proper angle and re-tighten the mounting screw.
The dial gauge has a large 2 inch diameter face and a 1 inch of travel.
Comes standard with a CNC machined 5/8 inch diameter solid steel mounting shaft.
SPECIAL NOTE: On October 1st, 2021 the USPS changed their time in transit. They have added several days delivery time to all shipments; this applies to First Class Mail and Priority Mail. Please expect longer delivery times for any shipments going via USPS.
When will my order ship?
- We ship as soon as possible - most of the time within 24 hours of order placement. (Orders placed on Friday after 10am CST, Saturday or Sunday will ship Monday)
- You will receive an e-mail from us when your order ships.
- All orders ship from Ramsey, Minnesota.
- We ship worldwide.
- International orders: Shipping cost will be calculated during checkout and will NOT include your local duty and/or customs fees.
I'm a local customer, can I pick up my order?
- Yes you can. We just need time to pack your order. You can select local pickup during checkout. We will then notify you by email or text message when your order is ready for pickup. Usually pickup orders are ready for pickup the next day. Orders placed before 10am CST may be ready the same day.
- Our pickup hours are Mon-Thurs 8:30 am - 4:00 pm. Friday 8:30 am - Noon.
- Pickup Address: 7101 143rd Ave NW Suite O Ramsey. We are in the Energy Business Park located just off Highway 10. Please look for 'Harrison Specialties' on the sign outside the front door.